FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)
Old May 18, 2019, 3:05 pm
DCAFly

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by timfountain
I was on a tight timeline. 7:00 departure and a 5:00 alarm with me rolling out of bed around 5:20. I dind't have the time to call down, but did mention it when I was checking out at around 5:50.
While I am not a "cut it close in the morning" guy myself, I understand this. But I think it's difficult to expect compensation when you don't try to immediately resolve the situation with the hotel.

Case in point. I recently had an issue with a three-night stay in Europe (not a Marriott). Day 1 AC not working, but it's not really that bad, so I didn't say anything. Day 2, AC not working, a little warmer and I call to the desk, who can't seem to get it set correctly and for some reason could not get anyone up to fix it (it was early afternoon). Day 3, the person who was supposed to come up and fix it didn't, I called repeatedly throughout the day. At about 5:00 it was 28 degrees in the room, which is way too much for my cold blood (and the windows could not open). Funny thing, it wasn't that hot out, but it was so stuffy in the hotel that the room just heated up. Hotel couldn't move me but kept offering me "cold drinks" from the bar. Staff was nice about it so I couldn't get very upset, but I still asked for compensation upon checkout, when they told me to write corporate, which I did and got the third night refunded. If I had not kept badgering them during the stay, I would never have asked.