FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AM: Canada - GRU/SCL J from $1500 CAD ($1123 USD)
Old May 18, 2019, 10:45 am
vincewy

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Fares are still there (to GRU and SCL). In addition to 3 gateways from Canada (YYZ,YUL, and YVR), I found you can also book from the following Canadian airports for marginally more (discussed earlier but found more options), mostly because WS offers connections from those gateways.

YYC, YEG, YWG, YQB, YXS, YQT, YOW, YHZ (limited dates with much higher addon charge for WS segments)

So check options from your nearby airports before thinking about positioning.

Another thing I found, especially from YYZ, if you book YYZ-GRU (or SCL) as round trip and trying to get this special fare, you'll most likely depart around midnight AM617, rather than AM693 (in the morning) and take another red eye to GRU.

I personally prefer day flights on both segments (at least not between midnight and 6am on YYZ-MEX), to get around the pricing, I'd book my flight this way and the special fare comes up, still available as of now for $1125 USD on Expedia

Dec 24th: YYZ-MEX AM693
Dec 25th: MEX-GRU AM16
Dec 31st: GRU-MEX-YYZ AM15/AM692

I'm not able to make the return with almost 24 hour connection (GRU-MEX and MEX-YYZ next day) but I believe it's due to holiday so other days will most likely work.

Correction from my prior post - It's fully refundable on Expedia within 24 hours, however this fare is nonrefundable after 24 hours so plan carefully.

Last edited by vincewy; May 18, 2019 at 10:56 am