FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Globalist Count
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2019, 6:18 am
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by alextrips
An 2016 Skift article claims 20 million Hyatt loyalty members. Any idea how many there are today? What percentage are globalists? I just made globalist and was wondering how many people actually travel enough to achieve it.

Also, do the hotel and resorts that really take good care of globalists attract an inordinate share of them? The info on this forum seems to suggest that the Andaz Papagayo is great from both a loyalty status and point redemption standpoint, especially as a cat 4. On any given day, do they have a higher percentage of globalists? (I'm sure the corporate bean counters must keep track of such data.)

Headed there soon, guess I will have to find out.
The exact number is a closely guarded secret... but it’s not huge. I’m guessing it’s in the “tens of thousands” but that’s just a guess.

I sometimes inquire as to the number of Globs staying at a hotel when I check in. The normal answer is “about a handful check in per day” at a heavily business oriented Hyatt House i frequent near Downtown Dallas.

I also believe there were less than ten Glob rooms occupied at both the HR San Antonio and Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen on various visits.

Ever since they dumped “Diamond” (and increased stay requirements, mostly ended status matches) the numbers have been very manageable in terms of getting good service, using TSUs, etc.