FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Found PZ>0 availability - may not last [Consolidated]
Old May 18, 2019, 1:31 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Nyck
But according to that logic the Threads with Deals wouldn’t be useful either since that changes on a daily basis as well.
Which thread(s) does that refer to? Are you talking about the Mileage Run Deals and Premium Fare Deals forums? The difference between those and PZ is that except in some cases like mistake fares those probably as subject to fluctuation, and broadly speaking will have published start/end dates and/or it's easier to scan a range of dates with Google Flights or ITA Matrix etc., and often the fare may permit multiple routing options. Whereas posting PZ for a specific flight will only be useful to someone who wants to fly the exact same flight on the exact same date and that could change within a few hours. (EDIT: I guess it's not as bad as that, the info could be useful to someone with flexible plans if it falls in their rough range, and "exact same flight" could be hub-to-major-hub sort of thing)

It seems to me in order to usefully crowd-source this you'd have to have a browser plugin or something that could automatically submit PZ from searches to a central site for aggregation and display in a more organized and machine-searchable manner than a freeform bulletin board thread (and I imagine UA would frown upon that)

Anyway if people want to try having a forum thread, I won't stop them