FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Hotel Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]
Old May 17, 2019, 9:44 pm
pewpew

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Great stay

Overall I just finished up a 1-week stay at the Delta Montreal. Overall, I really enjoyed it. Having stayed at the Sheraton and Le Meridien in Montreal previously, the Delta has become my new go-to hotel when in Montreal. Check In Check-in was pretty uneventful. I got there around 7PM, and they had my keys ready for me. As an Ambassador member, I was given breakfast vouchers for every day of my stay in addition to the 1,000 point welcome amenity. I was also given a 4PM late checkout without any fuss, and there were no other issues on that front (e.g. housekeeping didn't knock on the door at noon; the keycard continued to work right up until check-out). I was also given a card with the hours of the lounge (more on that later). Room I was upgraded to a club room from a standard room. Notably, in this hotel (according to the website), all rooms are basically the same size. They differ in number of beds/which floor. My room was plenty spacious, and there were lots of outlets right next to the bed. There was also a fridge and balcony, and they had outdoor furniture available upon request! The downside for me was that there weren't any real drawers (they only had one, beneath the luggage rack). The bathroom was a bathroom. Dining I had breakfast in the restaurant every morning; this (and evening happy hour) was the extent of my utilization of this hotel's dining services. Breakfast was a buffet that ran until 11AM, and there were plenty of options: fruits, yogurt (both plain and flavoured -- if you arrived later in the morning, they'd replace the plain yogurt with peach), scrambled eggs, made-to-order eggs (which had to be requested from the server), bacon, sausage, various pastries (the danishes were some of the best I've ever had), and they rotated between various types of potatoes (e.g. hashbrowns) and pancakes/waffles/french toast. They had a few different types of juice, but the OJ was too sour for my taste. The platinum voucher included the gratuity. Location This hotel has a great location: it's close to two different metro lines, so it's easy to get to wherever you're going. It's also a ~5 min walk from Rue Ste-Catherine, which has a bunch of restaurants and stores, ~10 to McGill, ~15 to the Palais des Congrès, and, consequently, ~20 mins to old Montreal depending on how slowly you walk. Since it's not directly on Ste-Catherine, but instead 2 blocks away, it can seem a bit more isolated relative to, say, the Sheraton. This may be either a plus or a minus for you. It's uphill relative to most of those places (save McGill) I just mentioned, so going back and forth (eg resting between conference sessions) can feel tedious. Due to the proximity, you're stuck walking to all of those places I mentioned, and if there's construction, that walk can be along the side of the road. Club Lounge The club lounge is on the 23rd floor, but it has a second level (the main level, where the F&B is) a floor above that, for which one must take the stairs after entering the lounge. On this level, there's a balcony which is a great place to spend a summer day. Breakfast is M-F 6:30-9:30 and 8-11 on weekends. If you have access to the restaurant, I would suggest going there for breakfast, as the selection is more extensive, but the club lounge isn't a terrible place to eat breakfast.Happy hour is 5-7 every evening, but I found that they would sometimes leave food out until 8. There would usually be 2 warm dishes, one of which is vegetarian, as well as some cheese, veggies, something with bread (e.g. grilled cheese, bruschetta), and a dessert. Soft drinks and water are free, but alcohol costs money.Outside of breakfast/happy hour, there are usually fruits and cookies/pretzels left in the lounge. Nonalcoholic beverages (including tea/coffee) are around as long as the lounge is open.The service in the lounge was one of the highlights of my stay. One of the concierges remembered my name and preferred drink + dietary restrictions after the first day!The view from the balconyThe view from the lounge Gym The hotel gym resembles a commercial gym more than a hotel gym. There are barbells, free weights, and a few machines to be used. There isn't much to say, other than the gym is much better than most North American hotels I've been to.