FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ConnectMiles segments on LH and UA
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 6:52 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by skyteamelite
Any thoughts?
This was also mentioned in some other thread 5-10 months ago (by you):

Do these changes also include Star Alliance flights no longer accruing elite-qualifying segments on ConnectMiles, but only award miles and elite-qualifying miles? It certainly seems to be the case from the Copa website. The call centre also told me only Copa and Avianca flights accrue segments. (Not that their call center is to be trusted...)
Any info about this?
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I qualify with miles rather than segments, but imo dont bother listening to a ton of stuff that the call centre says. Most of my segments this year have been on Non CM metal (mainly AC, UA and LH). All have registered 1 segment under the qualifying segments section of "My Account". I just dont think that you get extra segments for flying Business/First, like you would if you flew M/B/Y or Business with CM
That is wrong. Many eco fare buckets only accrue miles, not segments. It matters to me because I qualify with segments (I fly mostly short and medium haul). Also, it is not just "stuff that the call centre says". It is stated on the Connect Miles website.
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I do not believe that anything in the post you quoted was wrong.

Link the info from ConnectMiles website please

This is just 1 page of 5 from "My Activity" this year (I can post the other 4 if wanted too):

[Broken Image]

There are only 2 entries that have 0 listed under segments - one is that promotional survey from Copa and the other is Air Canada giving me 5,000 ConnectMiles for a flight delay compensation

I have flown CM, UA, LH, LX, AC, SN, AV on both PE and Eco fares this year, for a total of 45 segments. Every single one of them gave me 1 segment similar to that shown in the screenshot

What segments did you fly on that gave you 0?

Updated image:

All of those flights were flown after August last year, with the top left one being from Feb 2019

Again, I still believe that you get 1 segment per flight on non CM/AV metal