FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 9:47 am
KC818

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by bastoj
I am trying to come up with a cost-effective and decent tier point yielding flight to LAS. I would be starting from LHR but happy to re-position if there is a more cost efficient place to start a multi-stage trip from. If it can begin from TXL that is even better as I go there frequently.

I read the advice from the original post about trying DUB starting point etc. but not sure the best way to search these routes to work out price as you go. The multi-city booking form just gives the price at the end so hard to see which flights at which times would be better choices.

I am all a bit lost in the best way to work out a good route. I would appreciate any advice on the best route to take, and the best way to actually build the trip to see the best value flights at each point would be appreciated. I should add this is for November, dates within that month are flexible.
Originally Posted by Nephoi
fellow TXL-guy here.

ARN could be a doable thing: but thats at least 2200 EUR. - at least what i have found.
ARN-LAX is 2k but you need another flight to LAS...

TXL-LAX and TXL-LAS are both around 4k in November.
if you position to LHR directly it can be as low as 1900 EUR
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

The Points Guy was noting that there were some good deals ex-CDG. Don’t know if it was another random flash sale
How about exBUD? Available on quite a few dates in July. Bookable via ITA Powertools. Tried CDG but came out more expensive.

Last edited by KC818; May 17, 2019 at 9:52 am Reason: Wrong month. Sorry!