FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS pilots on strike in April 2019
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 6:15 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
I did send in a EU261 claim last week for a cancelled flight on 28th April, which was cancelled due to mechanical failure and have the compensation already in my account. I was afraid they would try to wiggle out and blame it on the strike situation but No, they were honest and again show that SK is probably the best airline in the world when it comes to EU261 compensation claims.
Originally Posted by nacho
No, fortunately I wasn't hit by the strike. What I wanted to point out is SK is very honest about EU 261, if you are entitled to it, they will pay. I don't believe that they won't pay if you apply online and they suddenly pay if you go through an agent.

I must say SK customer service is really good.
As I read John2233's post, he is referring to denied compensation for flights canceled due to the strike, where SAS from day one has stated they believe they don't have to pay EU compensation for flights canceled due to the strike.

But my experience is the same as yours. SAS is very fair when dealing with the EU compensation, and if they decline a claim due to bird strike or something similar, you can rest assured it's the reason, and it's pretty point less to try the leeches.