View Single Post
Old May 17, 19, 4:00 am
highupinthesky

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by john2233 View Post
I had bad experience with SAS during the pilot strike and it seems they are not willing to pay out compensation for the cancelled flights. Yes, air passengers are entitled to flight compensation if the flight was delayed, cancelled due to pilot strike [commercial link redacted by moderator]
Well. If you read this tread, you will see that SAS's position is the strike is out of their control and therefore except them from paying the EU compensation. I'm sure this will be tried in court, but giving them a bad rating because of their position on an area which is in a gray zone after the last court ruling (I think it was a ryanair strike). That is unfair IMHO. Just because one of the leeches says you are entitled to compensation doesn't mean it's correct. They will say anything to get a chance to have a look at your case.
The fact is that almost all reports I've heard during the strike praises SAS for the way they handled the disruptions. They were fast at rebooking, provided accommodation and food when needed, paid the difference between the booked flight and the alternative transportation if PAX's find alternative them self, paying out refunds etc. etc. etc. The only area where they failed is in the EU compensation area, but if you have filed your claim, I'm sure one of the leeches who do EU compensation claims for a % of the compensation will take them to court, and if SAS looses you can reopen your claim. But this is a gray area at the moment due to unclear phrasing on the last ruling.

Last edited by highupinthesky; May 17, 19 at 5:40 am Reason: To conform to moderator edit in quoted text