FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Sydney Master Thread [merged] - after January 2011
Old May 17, 2019, 3:50 am
Kimsbrand

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you set expectations to be in line with what entitlements are, then much less likely to be disappointed

Checking in at 10am , unless a Royal Ambassador, is not something to be expect to be able to do ; getting a room at that time but not being able to also have a free breakfast , does not seem at all stingy , but quite generous when check in time is 14:00
I beg to differ. I set my expectations exactly in line with the treatments I received in every other IC or Conrad where I arrived early (and of course booked a club room). It was not a problem in Tokyo, it was not a problem in Wellington and it was not a problem in Beijing just to name a few. Quite contrary, I‘ve been proactively offered to wait in the club and have a few bites most of the time. So yes, based on my experiences I must admit I take something for granted which is not written down as official entitlements. And why is it not written down? Because for me this is part of the basic concept of hospitality in a 5 star hotel (or at least it should be).

In addition to that, as they advertise the IHG Spire status with the check-in at 10am benefit, I don‘t think it is „quite generous“ to have a free breakfast while waiting for the room to be ready. It is a nice and friendly gesture which shows that the hotel cares about me as a guest.