View Single Post
Old May 16, 19, 8:17 pm
trooper

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by lars747 View Post
Is Expedia a travel agency, I am thinking not after having bought 2 separate rt tickets Gum-Hkg and Hkg-Cdg from Expedia, The first leg United was delayed due to technical issues on Guam so I sent a note to my assistant to inform Expedia I might not make the AF connection in HKG and to please inform AF i was going to be late in from Guam. She called in to Expedia whom did only inform her that I should go to the AF counter when I get in. Problem was I did not arrive until the flight left and AF whom had not heard from Expedia or United that I was delayed said they had to post my ticket as a no show and for me to buy a new ticket to CDG. AF Delta customer service really tried to help me but they could not book on the next flight since it showed I had missed the flight in HKG. Most of the time I fly the different airlines talk to each other if they have delays and I am very disappointing with the service Expedia gave me, I had to buy a new rt on Qatar the following day. In addition I had informed United I would connect to the AF flight when I checked in on Guam.

Im curious as to what UA staff would have said to that...given you were on separate tickets and were most definitely not "connecting" … Going from one alliance to another probably wouldn't have helped the situation. Curious also as to those other situations where "different airlines talk to each other"... on separate tickets?