FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old May 16, 2019, 4:50 pm
eamond

Originally Posted by pschafer
I've found that arguing via e-mail with LM support is a total waste of time - even when you are blatantly correct they continue to respond with non-sensical reasons why you can't do something. I had an ongoing argument with them after they overcharged my by 15,000 miles for an award booking (via screen shots) - I finally gave up.

Really, I wish we could send the CEO (or head of Customer Services) a petition outlining all of our (major) issues with LM - they probably can't figure out why they are having a hard time selling miles. It would be nice to even get a response to such a petition.

BTW - my main issues are:-
  • Valid connections not showing up requiring screenshots particularly ex-Australia
  • Website erroring out during the booking process
  • Itineraries which are valid on other airlines' websites (e.g. UA, AC) not showing up (I'm not talking about different availability) just some/many possible itineraries are just not found by LM (of course sometimes a screenshot can work in these cases).
  • The Australia "tax" e.g. OZ-Asia requires 10,000 more miles than Asia-OZ
  • Excessive fees for change and/or cancel - $150 or $200 (USD) - probably higher than any other program and while I'm at it - changes are very limited even when paying the $150.
And now with TG/OZ pulling the plug re reward seat the real choice to/from Australia is really quite limited to Air China (unless SQ gives a seat which is quite often for Sydneysiders on= SQ288 but not on the day I wanted, and I'm based in MEL which makes things even worse). LM has an ongoing issue with CA's redemption ticket apparently, first by a straight blocking their availability and now just don't let you issue a damn ticket (btw my itinerary combines OZ/CA flight; if it's all CA think it's better but just don't want to go all-CA).

I'm really in a frigging hell mode (excuse my french) atm but choices are really limited so I'm more tempted to do one letter like that. Apparently their personal email format is something like [email protected] so I may give that a go-ahead.

Anyway, does anyone knows where to search SQ reward seats other than LM websites? Cheers.

Michael