FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DWI Entry to Canada - Consolidated Info
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 9:57 pm
Sah02010

Originally Posted by rdrink25
Please help!!!

I am traveling to Vancouver on Aug 24, with my wife and 2 yr old son. Back in 2006, I had a DUI conviction in the state of GA. I was sentenced to 6 mo probation, a fine and community service. I completed all that was required back in 2006. A friend recently has told me I will have an issue getting into Canada and should check it out beforehand. I have traveled to Mexico, Australia, England, and all over the Caribbean and South America never with any issues. I have been at my current employment for over 10 years and run a motorcycle dealer in Atlanta. Please help with what I need to do to make this trip happen we have planned. Any help appreciated.
I am 99% certain you are all set. I had one in 2009, all punishment completed that year. You and I are considered deemed rehabilitated. They did pass a new law in Dec 2018 where DUIs could no longer be included in that deemed rehabilitated process because it is now considdered a serious offense

HOWEVER, DUIs committed to Dec 2018 are still under the old rule where if 10 years have passed since resolution of offense, then you are considered deemed rehabilitated and can enter. Because yours happened in 2006 and you completed the fines, etc in 2006, it's obviously been 10 years so you should be all set.

You can try calling 506-636-5064 or 204-983-3500 M-F 0800-1600 local time and explain your situation and they should be able to give you an answer.

I called and they said I am fine.