FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old May 15, 2019, 6:41 pm
pschafer

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
I've found that arguing via e-mail with LM support is a total waste of time - even when you are blatantly correct they continue to respond with non-sensical reasons why you can't do something. I had an ongoing argument with them after they overcharged my by 15,000 miles for an award booking (via screen shots) - I finally gave up.

Really, I wish we could send the CEO (or head of Customer Services) a petition outlining all of our (major) issues with LM - they probably can't figure out why they are having a hard time selling miles. It would be nice to even get a response to such a petition.

BTW - my main issues are:-
  • Valid connections not showing up requiring screenshots particularly ex-Australia
  • Website erroring out during the booking process
  • Itineraries which are valid on other airlines' websites (e.g. UA, AC) not showing up (I'm not talking about different availability) just some/many possible itineraries are just not found by LM (of course sometimes a screenshot can work in these cases).
  • The Australia "tax" e.g. OZ-Asia requires 10,000 more miles than Asia-OZ
  • Excessive fees for change and/or cancel - $150 or $200 (USD) - probably higher than any other program and while I'm at it - changes are very limited even when paying the $150.