FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to credit/spend after hitting 1k?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 3:24 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
AS has a very generous mileage program, and it might be worth considering if they serve your destinations.

In P/I class, you'll get 13750 miles per trip (5,000 base miles, 75% class of service bonus, 100% promotional bonus*). If you status match to 75k status, you'll also get 125% bonus on top of that.

All in, you'd end up with 70-100k miles at the end of the year, enough for a CX First Class flight for example.

Promotion link: https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS1905
Pretty similar situation last year to OP and I started to jump to AS and agree with the above post. Well didn't think I would hit spend for GS but ended up getting the invite so things let's just say changed. But even still I fly AS as #2 carrier for me. The only issue with the status match now is you kind of shorten your year. I think they take application for status match for 2020 in Oct. FWIW I did end up getting two years out of the status match so you could hope for that and apply now to get the 125% mileage bonus.