FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 6:24 am
Rbt001

Originally Posted by Megan Murray
Hi again,

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Looks like E, F or B would be the best option. How long does it take to get from, say, F to B? I am worried that we will be pressed for time when our flight is called to get to the gate on time, but I’d like to go to the best Sky Club that I can, as we will be paying extra to admit guests.

Also, can anyone confirm - with the Amex Platinum, we are flying with Virgin Atlantic to Atlanta and then to Florida on a Virgin marketed but Delta operated flight - so even if the code isn’t delta, but rather virgin, as it is delta operated I am assuming we would still get access?

Thanks!
Here's the link to the Delta page for SC access by method of access. I tried to c/p the AMEX Plat cardholder method of access, but couldn't.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

A same day Delta operated flight gives the ticketholder/cardholder complimentary access AND the opportunity to pay a guest fee or up to two guests.

I actually had to correct my initial words with respect to the guest fee: It appears that AMEX Delta Reserve members have an "exclusive per-visit rate of $29" for their guests. The wording implies that the reduced guest rate does NOT apply to the Platinum card, yet there is a guest fee.

I learned first hand at the JFK SC when I was traveling as a party of four. I had both AX Plat & Delta Reserve and another had AX Plat, while the other two had no credentials. Two guest fees were assessed.

Also note that the guest fee language states "per-visit" and the discontinued "Single Visit Pass" (which was not called a "Day Pass") seem to imply that "club hopping" could get expensive for each guest.

Lastly, which you might already know, "select Platinum Cards" qualify, not all. For years I've had an AMEX Platinum Optima card which does not qualify. My guess is that its "No annual fee" status means it doesn't include the SC benefit. AMEX can let you know if your card qualifies for that benefit, if you're not sure.