FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YUL: Canadian Customs Sending Me to Secondary Inspection for Declaring Food?
Old May 14, 2019, 6:52 pm
Jay71

Originally Posted by Salisbury5
Yes this has happened to me at YUL. Now I no longer use Nexus at YUL if I am bringing home Sees Candies or whatnot.

Interesting that the non Nexus machines (at YUL and elsewhere) now have a supplementary food question (after you say yes to the general food question) asking you about the kind of food and whether it is chocolate, candy, etc. I said yes to that question twice (both times it was chocolate) and had no issues.

Yes I travel too much. Yes I eat too many Sees Candies.
Interesting to know that the non Nexus machines have a secondary question which I'm assuming is going to be the same for across the country.
I'm typically going thru the Nexus lane at YVR and declaring food because I'm bringing back processed snacks and dried fruits. It'd be great to have that secondary question. Usually what happens to me in YVR is that the agent will see that I ticked food, ask what the food is, and away I go without needing to go to the food inspection area at the exit.