FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transport, Baggage Between LCY and LHR (long London connection)
Old May 14, 2019, 12:50 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chfenton
I did a LHR-to LCY trip yesterday from Terminal 4 at LHR. It helps that I caught the Heathrow Express connection from T4 just right, then hardly waited for Bakerloo, Jubilee or DLR at Canning Town. I left LHR T4 at 1240 and was through security at LCY before 2pm. About 25 pounds cost between HEX ticket and tube/DLR so certainly one of the most economical prices for the relative quickness of the trip. It can be much cheaper than this of course by doing only the tube as opposed to the Heathrow express to Paddington
I wouldn't have taken the Heathrow Express - the tube + dlr is much cheaper and not much different in journey time. The HEX is good if destination is Paddington, but not that amazing otherwise - and very expensive at £27.80 with a 1hr 5 minute journey approx vs 1 hr 20 minutes approx by tube+dlr and a cost of £3.10 off peak (after 09:30) or £12.10 peak (before 09:30)

Using Heathrow express requires 3 change - Heathrow Express to Paddington , Bakerloo line to Baker Street,Jubilee line to Canning Town, DLR to London City Airport
Using DLR requires 2 changes - Picadilly line to Green Park, Jubilee line to Canning Town, DLR to London City Airport