View Single Post
Old May 14, 19, 10:54 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus View Post
Yes, distance wise PEK is significantly closer to downtown Beijing than PKX. However, rumor has it that PKX will be linked by a true `Airport Express' train (unlike the slow one serving PEK). With that said, during its first year of operation, the airport express train will only take you to "Cao Qiao" station, south of downtown Beijing, where you can transfer to Subway Line 10. It will be extended to Beijing CBD sometime between 2020-2021.
Can you provide any details on that? From what I've read, the New Airport subway line will terminate at Caoqiao initially, with a future northern extension to Lize Business District (connecting to 14 and 16), outside the second ring road. The initially planned extension to Mudanyuan appears to have been cancelled.

Originally Posted by shd9 View Post
I thought AA is going to move to PKX to facilitate connection to the new CZ partnership?
They are. I meant to type PKX.

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
In Beijing, both airports will serve the same destinations, so there should almost never be any need to travel between the two airports.
In theory, sure. But there will be an intercity rail line (200 km/h) and a subway line connecting the two airports eventually.