FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old May 14, 2019, 7:17 am
wiivile

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jimbaum
My wife applied on 3/2 and 4/14 (approved for both). Decided to apply again today (5/12). This does not violate the 2 cards in 60-day rule. The app process cleared the application screen and she received an app ID.
Received a phone call in about an hour from Citi, after responding to a text message if they can contact us.
The wife was told that she's approved but would not receive any bonus since she opened a card within a month ago. She told them to cancel the app.

Too bad I wasn't close by as I would've suggested that she let them process the app and get the card open; we would see what really happens (anecdotal evidence of CSR not knowing what they are talking about). Although I would have thought she would still have received the bonus. But that window had already closed so no data point to confirm.

Hopefully, this is just a one-off mad Citi rep for having to work on Mother's Day :P

Jim
Well, I'm not sure how it works with Citi, but that application from 4/14 would still be live in the credit analysts' systems because the hard pull they conducted on 4/14 is supposedly valid for 30 days. So they may be able to see both applications? I would personally avoid applying twice in 30 days if possible...