FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP contract lounges: recent changes and Star Gold access
Old May 13, 2019, 7:01 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Seems to me incredibly misguided cheapness, even for a carrier focussed on becoming an LCC-manqué. The on-board service in narrow-body buiness-class is totally unimpressive, so I'm guessing those few passengers prepared to pay for premium class will start to drift away even faster.
Are the contract lounges in places like DUB or MAN really that nice, such that one would actually want to end up at an airport early to use them? Or is it just a case of "slightly better than a shabby airport"?

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
As it is, the airline risks alienating a fickle market which expects to be looked after, especially during TP's endemic delays.
Ah. I have zero expectation of being looked after gratis in a lounge most of the time, as an American who isn't about to pay for lounge access (and rarely pays for F/J, only on occasion when it makes sense), though I imagine it's different in Europe. Mostly I want them for connections; on a simple O/D journey I'd just as soon get to the airport later than kill time in a lounge.