FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old May 13, 2019, 4:49 pm
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
There is a very easy method, which strangely doesn't work for everyone, but it has always worked for DW and myself. Call the number on the back of the card, tell the computer "close account". It will ask "do you want to close this account?" Say "YES" and it's closed. Takes about 20 seconds total, and has always worked for DW and myself. No idea why some folks say it doesn't work for them, but it's so fast and easy it's worth a try to see if it works for you.
I always get transferred to a human robot instead of talking to the robot robot. I'll try wearing my ramen socks next time...

Also, I've closed the window and asked a second chat person when they tell me to call in and I've also just told them I don't want to be bothered by calling in and waiting on hold. They change their tune when you insist sometimes... probably because it will cause a poor rating when you end the chat.