FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes for August flight
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 11:41 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
In my experience, usually 'big' changes would occur about now, and only small changes (if any) will occur in the month or two before.

In fact, I had a big schedule change this last weekend too. I bought this crazy cheap ticket with a return that was HNL-LAX-LAS-DFW-SWO, all three layovers with about 1 hour connection times. AA's change this last weekend was to extend the LAS layover to a full 6 hours, changing my arrival time in SWO about 6 hours later than originally booked.

I was happy to call and get it changed to a HNL-PHX-DFW-SWO flight, getting in 4 hours earlier than originally booked. I still couldn't get the preferred HNL-DFW-SWO flight though because the layover is too long at over 4 hours (though, AA seemed fine giving me 6 hours in LAS??), so I am stuck with the ridiculousness of a second layover (though, with the HNL-PHX and PHX-DFW flights only about an hour apart and both on a 757, I wonder if it is the same plane).

Oh well, my gamble paid off in that my dreaded return flight is not nearly so bad. I'd be surprised if anything between now and then gets shifted more than 30 minutes in any direction.