FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old May 13, 2019, 11:23 am
jjmadison

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's showing both as T for me, which explains the price difference. I don't know why they aren't selling you T though

ETA: What if you click through from here: https://flights.app.goo.gl/gLr5y

It shows me a $20 buy-up

ETA again: but when I clicked through, it said that a "real-time price change" caused my itinerary to be repriced, and it showed me G. I guess they zeroed out T? And it took a while to fully propagate?
When I click that link, it does show $20 for upgrading now, but same as with you, it charges $100 with the real-time price change.

Originally Posted by xliioper
The layover is longer than 4 hours. These shouldn't be pricing out on a single fare component according to AS fare rules (but for some reason, they are) which only allows for layovers of up to 4 hours before a stopover and fare break is created. Technically, I would think they should all price as broken fares (as above, where poster gets a T and a G).

Stopovers: NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED. NO STOPOVER OCCURS IF PASSENGER TAKES NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT WITHIN 4 HOURS.
Interesting detail. This likely explains the past times I've seen only saver offered. I see transcon routes with more than 4 hour layovers offered by AS often though... layovers through SEA are usually the cause. If I understand what you're saying, that would mean all of those fares are priced the same as booking the two connecting flights separately?