FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Recline in Economy - Regulation
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 6:40 am
hyperzulu

Originally Posted by sol95
LOL...

OP, pretty much everyone who has commented on this thread has indicated that your wife was in the wrong. This is not an opinion, it’s fact.

As has been mentioned again and again, KE (and OZ and many, many others) ALWAYS require passengers to put their seats up from the recline position during meals. Just because you’ve never experienced this before in your self-acknowledged limited flying, doesn’t mean that you’re entitled to insist on what you’re used to. To do so is as ridiculous as someone from the US who has never been overseas insisting they need to drive on the right side of the road in Australia because that’s what they’ve always done...
The ridiculous part of this thread is simply that I asked if there was written regulation about this. The FAA has published documentation around setbacks during take off and landing. I never said my wife was right, just that generally in the US is you're asked to do something that limited you're ability to have a decent flight, you comply on board and state your case later.

Of course everyone decided to be the flying police as if they know I'm a terrible American flyer who needs to learn a lesson. Lol The scenario happened. There really isn't anything anyone can do about it. And I don't really care about anyone else's opinion about the proper etiquette of flying. I did state again that I felt my own opinion was that seat recline outside of take off and landing should be the passengers right. Does that mean me and my wife both reclined our seats? No. I raised mine. I asked her to raise hers because it wasn't a suggestion from FAs. So I acknowledged she was wrong regardless of our personal opinion. Further she was more conscientious about her seat back recline on our return flight from Korea. Despite not having the internet police to tell us that we're terrible people. 😄 And again to counter your argument, I'm pretty sure Australia DOES have it written that driving is done on the left, which is part of my point.

Really though continue on with the internet policing. It makes no difference. This thread has fulfilled my original inquiry. So I'm good.