FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time CW solo - advice please
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 3:50 am
strawdan

First time CW solo - advice please

I'm a long time lurker and I'll start by thanking everyone on this forum for their contributions, all of which have helped me maximise my opportunities as a member of BAEC, which SHOULD see me hit Gold for the first time since joining the programme in 2013!
I have an upcoming return to JNB in June for business on the A380 and this will be my first experience of CW as a solo passenger. As I have always travelled with a companion in CW, I'm unsure what to expect regarding the divider - other than it needing to be down for the safety briefing, how does it play out in reality during the flight? Will the crew need to put the divider down to serve the seat next to me if I pick an aisle seat? Thus effectively passing their tray/food/drinks over me? Similarly if I pick a window/middle seat, will the divider be put down each time the crew pass me my tray/food/drinks?
I'm currently in 50B on the outbound and 52A on the return. I prefer window seats on the upper deck as a rule, but appreciate I've always experienced when travelling with someone so the experience will be different travelling solo. So I'm looking for any advice guidance from your experiences please