FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Point of depositing money orders through smartphone app?
Old May 13, 2019, 12:45 am
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I personally don't like depositing MOs online or via apps because I wouldn't like to keep track of the original MO document themselves in case issues arise. Having the MO stub as the receipt that has the MO number on it is sufficient to me and if any issues arise with the MO document it would be the responsibility of the bank branch. I already keep too many MS artifacts in many shoe boxes so there is no need to add more clutter. I much prefer the in-person presence of depositing MOs.
The image of the MO is accessible as soon as the deposit is accepted at least for the two banks I do this with. I'm more confident in an electronic trail that I can access immediately than relying on a bank branch to sort things out in case of teller error. I keep MO's, GC, and all receipts for about 14 days and then shred everything and have never had a problem.e