FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Southern long layover in Vancouver BC
Old May 12, 2019, 8:33 pm
Bear4Asian

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Yes you can.

Originally Posted by fatbatua
I am flying from USA to Phucket on China Southern and have a 13 hour long layover in Vancouver BC during night. I am a US Citizen and was wondering if I can get out of Vancouver airport and book a hotel near airport to sleep during night. Does anyone have experience with it? I called China Southern and they were not much helpful. Thanks in advance!
I flew from the U.S. to YVR to catch a flight to Asia. I flew in on a U.S. airline and out on China Airlines. I had a long layover in YVR. If you are doing similar, you, like me, will enter Canada and go through passport control and pick up your luggage. You will depart for Asia out of a different area 13 hours later.

Several times when I’ve had long layovers I chose to stay at the Fairmont Hotel which is inside the terminal very close to where the U.S. flights depart. One neat thing is that the hotel rooms have videos of the airport gates and runways. I’ve also stayed at nearby AirBNBs and either taken a taxi or the the train to the area of the AirBNB. There is a train station in the terminal.

Keep in in mind that you may need to check in to the airline taking you to Asia and check your bag ang go through security and such.

You can can do a search for the YVR terminal maps that will help you see what’re things are.