FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old May 12, 2019, 3:49 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by david55
We only need 140K each ( BA F RT...and yes I know about the taxes) . My only concern actually is that between now and the time we book ( about a year out for 2021)...that there might be an increase in the redemption award and I'll have to buy more. AS BA awards are kind of a steal at 70K OW.
I don't view BA F for 70K as a steal personally especially when the surcharge is often equivalent to an economy ticket purchase. In essence you are burning 70K for an upgrade from Y to F. If you are looking to fly 1A on a 747 that opportunity may not be available in 2021 either.

Is it possible for the other party to also apply for the Credit Card? You could each purchase miles as required for your own redemptions even if booked on the same PNR. In my experience, AS is good at taking points from both accounts for a redemption for the same parties. I would be more comfortable sitting on two sign-up bonuses than buying miles now because of the current offer.

James