FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class
Old May 12, 2019, 12:59 pm
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Badenoch
The question is also whether the most ardent complainers act upon encountering people who are not nice or selfish in person. It is one thing to issue a stern rebuke safely cloaked by the anonymity of the Internet, quite another to have the pluck when face-to-face.
Probably not in truth. People are often brave on the internet when the consequences are few. But that does not mean that the rebuke was not warranted or deserved!

I see this as all about respect... some have it in person, some have it on the internet, some have it all the time. Many, like me I suspect, sometimes do not kick up a stick in person as it then affects the many other innocent bystanders around. Does that mean they have no integrity? No it doesn't IMO. It means they have respect of the others that might be affected. The bystanders would have no choice but to be affected.

However, on the internet, there are no bystanders so people will often say something online, perhaps even have a bit of a moan, about a situation where they wouldn't necessarily say anything at the time in real life. On the internet, and especially in a forum like this one, no one is forcing anyone to read anything. If you read it then that is by your choice. So you cannot consider real life and the internet as comparable situations and so different considerations exist as to whether someone says something at the time and on the internet.

I probably wouldn't have said anything to the passenger with the McD. I wouldn't have liked it but it would have been inappropriate and not proportionate to kick up a stink at the time... but is it OK to have a moan about it here? ABSOLUTELY! and if you or anyone else doesn't want to hear our moans (or crys of support - both are valid!) then click off the thread and read something you do enjoy reading.