FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes
Old May 12, 2019, 4:08 am
moral_low_ground

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have many fewer nights ... and have been asked more than once. Is it common ... no, not at all. But when it happens you better have an ID on you or another form that shows your eligibility.
Yep, my boss got (sort of) found out at the Marriott Grosvenor hotel in London. Our normal rate was about 360 USD and his "General Dynamics" rate was about 240. He berated us for not using this code (and of course we don't work for General Dynamics). On check in the front desk were quite insistent on seeing id or a business card from my boss. He blagged he didn't have his id or cards with him so they asked him to send an email which he said he would do once in his room. Of course he never did and reception never followed up so he got away with it (but was uncomfortable for him as you can imagine!!)

I presume, if they had been more industrious, they could have stung him for the full rack rate and perhaps even closed his Marriott account down for obvious use of inappropriate code.

I don't use codes that I'm not entitled to but if others want to have a go then fine with me, just be prepared to pay up if you get caught (which I admit is not that likely)