FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE
Old May 11, 2019, 6:00 pm
sydneyflyer12

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Are you willing to tell us which property? It's very useful information to share so people can make informed decisions about where to stay.

Personally, I would have cancelled as soon as they refused the upgrade. You know you are going to have problems with them at that point -- why give them your business? I find that it's best to simply not do business with dishonest places -- it saves a lot of hassle.
It's the Andaz Singapore. Just to be clear, this is a future stay that hasn't yet occurred. They refused to confirm an upgrade at time of booking because "the period you are traveling is very busy and the hotel expects over 90% occupancy during this time, and therefore commercially cannot offer free upgrades. Hotel rooms are traditionally booked closer to check-in, hence they would show available now." Basically, even though there was wide open availability at time of booking, they think they can sell the room so they'd rather ignore the program and sell the room later. To me, this invalidates the entire value proposition of the Prive program, and if anything makes me want to go through a different booking channel because Hyatt doesn't deserve to have customers choose their program if they won't honor the advertised perks.

I've been tempted to cancel the reservation and choose another hotel but Singapore is a rather lackluster hotel market and the Andaz seems to have a good combination of price+location+hard product and I won't be spending much time at the hotel so the service isn't as important to me.