FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt Bad Service
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 1:07 pm
Dubaiq8nyc7

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
World of Hyatt Bad Service

I am a Globalist with World of Hyatt.
Since January I have spent 60 days at Hyatt properties.

Has anyone else experienced major problems when contacting World of Hyatt to ask a simple question?
I called this week to ask about the Q1 bonus points promo that was ending this month (May 2019).
The agent who answered the call was not at all familiar with the name Q1 promo or Q1 bonus.
She did even grasp the word quarterly.
She then said she had to look at my account to see what I was eligible for.
After looking at my account she saw the tern Q1 bonus and then had to look up the details and spent several minutes reading them aloud.
I tried to save her some time and explain my exact question and she told me I was talking over her.
Finally she finished and I said something like "thanks and hopefully the q2 promo will offer some great ways to earn points as well"
She said "You're putting words in my mouth. I never said there was a Q2 promo"
I said "I didn't say you said that"
She then hung up on me.
Well- I would write this off except that the same thing happened last October.
I called with a question about that Quarterly promo.
The agen had NEVER heard the term and put me on hold for maybe 5 minutes and came back and still had nothing.
She then transferred me to her "supervisor" who had very little information and seemed to not grasp why I was not happy.
I then asked him about the points rebate promo and he had no information, then told me the absolute wrong info.
When I tried to ask a question he told me I was talking over him and if I did it again he would hang up on me.
The day after that debacle I did receive a call from Hyatt.
They had recorded the part of the call with the "supervisor" and wanted to apologize.
Well, this last call this past week was over the top.
I sent an email to Chris Hale who I was told is a VP.
He never replied back.
Instead a World of Hyatt concierge called back which is a total waste of time.
She makes reservations.
I'm DONE with Hyatt.
I have their Visa.
Since October to now I have had spent nearly 20,000 with them.
No one at World of Hyatt seems to grasp that the agents should know the Q promos and not hang up on members.