FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A way to improve Tier Point Runs and Premium Fare Deals threads
Old May 11, 2019, 10:31 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
I'm happy to hear that you are "very open to new ideas", so could we work along that and find solutions instead of just saying no to any change? May I also be so bold, to please ask you what the benefit is in discussions of hundreds of deals, in a thread with 5+ K posts, without adequate possibility to search for available information concerning every single deal ? What other changes could you think of besides what I have suggested?
My concern is any changes should be supported by a reasonable amount of posters and users to both threads, and I am not seeing that support for your suggestions which you have explained at length in this thread. Some are frankly not possible without broader changes at community level as noted by Prospero in post 48. I fundamentally do not agree that the TP run thread is as broken as you noted, and therefore I do not believe the changes needed really need to be as radical as you propose.

My suggestion FWIW to improve the threads are:
  • current TP run thread as is but with updated wiki linked to posts with more details on current fares, probably requires a few people to help commit the time to ensure it stays up to date, no change to ability for folks to discuss things as they do already
  • current Premium fare thread with updated wiki like Henky used to do, needs one or two people to step up to agree to maintain
  • a broad "find me a good deal thread", again relies on people who are willing to help though otherwise it becomes pointless