FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air - Poor Handling of Schedule Change
Old May 11, 2019, 1:47 am
Grace B

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by BobFF68
If they are willing to rebook you on other carriers there are many shorter options from MXP to CGK, TG, CX, SQ, EY, QR, EK many of them leave MXP in the morning.
Well, after numerous phone calls and Facebook messages, the only thing I ended up with was leaving MXP a day earlier and having a 19 hour layover at MCT. I did some research and suggested several alternatives (even with WY R class availability), but they were totally inflexible. WY wouldn't even countenance MCT-KUL (WY) with a WY codeshare on MH from KUL to CGK, which would have given me a 3 hour transit at MCT.

The agents at the Indian? call centre were truly unhelpful and completely without any authority to do anything without referring to Muscat for approval

Hopefully I will get the STPC hotel at MCT, but in any case I truly will not book WY again. The whole exercise was just so exasperating, and one wonders how they would perform in a real-time misconnect situation.