FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight changed from New to Old Suites
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2019, 9:53 pm
atco

Thanks for all the input everyone.

In fairness to Singapore they have been great. They did offer me alternative dates out of Shanghai, but the old suites are operating 4 straight days from the 27th to 31st, so I'm guessing one of the new suite aircraft is out of action for a few days. I couldn't change that dates to what they were offering as we have other flights booked on those dates on our trip.
I did ask about moving to SQ861 on the 31st on HKG-SIN and they made that change for me with just a minor fare difference of a few dollars. I guess I could have asked them to waive that but it wasn't worth the hassle for such a small amount.

So currently happy to be back in the new suites and very excited to try them. Will be first time in SQ First and I can't wait to see what the whole experience is like. Shame its going to be such a short flight and I'll be keeping everything crossed that the new suites hold up. As I mentioned I have absolutely brutal luck when it comes to aircraft swaps. Our upcoming trip has 12 booked flights and of those 12 I've had 4 equipment swaps so far and I've got 2 flights booked with Thai that they haven't swapped (yet!).
Appreciate the advice and help.
Thank you

Actually one more question if I may..........
From what I have read here we will be able to access the Private Room after we arrive, which I am also looking forward to. I know this may sound like a daft question but we have never accessed a lounge on arrival at our final destination before, so if we spend an hour to two in the Private Room what will happen to our bags? Will someone keep them for us until we are done and ready to collect them?

Last edited by atco; May 10, 2019 at 9:58 pm