FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (2018-2022 archive)
Old May 10, 2019, 4:09 pm
seaweedburgundy

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Did you try my other suggestion? Call in again and ask to check availability from BKK-MEL without mentioning anything about connecting in SIN and without feeding them any flight numbers and hopefully this will search married segments and pull up the flights you want.

ETA:
The only other thing that comes to mind that might be affecting results is if AA has a problem searching married segments in this case because their programming mishandles F class married segments.

Hmm, another idea came to me. Find another married itinerary on CX that has availability with the first segment the one you want and book it. E.g., book BKK-SIN-HKG on CX in J (other routes to try, BKK-SIN-KUL, BKK-SIN-CMB, possibly BKK-(CX)-SIN-(AA)-U.S.A.). Within 24 hours call to change for free and replace the SIN-HKG with SIN-MEL in F. That way they cannot tell you there is no space on BKK-SIN because you already have it. They can search SIN-MEL and see it is available. If they cannot marry them together they have a problem they need to figure out.

ETA 2:
Perhaps try the AA Australian reservation number?

This. Call and ask for BKK-MEL availability in F. Same thing happened to me when I was booking BOS-HKG. Available routing found on Qantas is BOS-NRT-HKG on JL (married segment, not available if searched by separate legs). First call to AA - I fed them the flight numbers, agent saw no seats available. HUCA a couple times, then i just told the agent i want to get from BOS to HKG, tell me what is available. Then voila, the JL flights are there.