FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton portfolio overtakes Marriott in brand value; Marriott declines 30% from 2018
Old May 10, 2019, 2:40 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Horace
The website article is based on "the latest report by Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent brand valuation consultancy."

In other words, the article is not based on objective numbers, such a market cap, P&L, or assets.

From my standpoint as a hotel guest, it means nothing. If I were running a hotel company building a portfolio of hotels, perhaps I would I would find value in what Brand Finance does. There must be companies that are willing be to pay for the services and reports on an "independent brand valuation consultancy," which gives some legitimacy.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect the most relevant question is whether the analysts pay any attention to these "studies." If there's an impact on stock price, it will matter to Marriott.
Exactly, they don't pay any attention!

They look at analytics and data. in general, notwithstanding complaints on FT, Marriott is exceeding Hilton on most metrics.