FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Philippine Airlines, LHR-HKG, £500 J return
Old May 10, 2019, 1:31 pm
claus4321

Overall, I was very satisfied with Philippines Airlines.
The new A350 is a great aircraft and the seats were very comfortable. The food was really good the crew on the return flight was also excellent. All in all great.

Unfortunately I had a little thing on the return flight. My return flight from Manila to London on 4 May 2019 was unfortunately delayed and 3-5 hours later the flight was cancelled completely. (Since in LHR from 0.15 am to 6 am no airplanes are allowed to land the flight had to be cancelled.) Thus I missed my connecting flight in London. LHR - Frankfurt on 5.05.2019 6.30 AM. And I had to book a flight 8 hours later, because I had to book at such short notice, the one way flight ( 90min) / in Y) LHR-FRA cost me 500 € :-) :-).
The original - one way- flight with Lufthansa was 100 €.

My question to you is: can I claim the damage I suffered from the Philippine Airlines delay? And if so..... how? And with what prospect of success?!.

In the Manilla Lounge I was told to contact [email protected] to get the extra expenses back from Philippine Airlines. But I have my doubts! What advice would you give me? Air Passenger Rights Ordinance 261/2004 do not apply. Thanks to all....