FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Status Has Me Worried About Complaining & Getting Booted
Old May 10, 2019, 10:28 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Now that I'm Lifetime Titanium with points out the wazoo I am worried about giving Marriott a reason to kick me out of the program just so they can save money on lounge access/breakfast, and by taking away my points.
Marriott can kick a member out of Marriott Bonvoy for a number of reasons. See "1.7.a. Cancelling or Suspending Membership Accounts" in the Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions.

In short, if you commit fraud against Marriott, fail to pay, or violate the rules in some other way, Marriott can (and probably will) take recourse.

Marriott is not going to kick a lifetime member out of Marriott Bonvoy to save the cost of breakfast or because a member invokes a published guarantee when a hotel fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of the program.

Marriott Bonvoy has 100 million plus members. The program gives members an incentive to strive for elite status over a course of many years by dangling the prospect of Lifetime Status in front of them.

Marriott would jeopardize its entire program if travel bloggers could write about how Marriott kicks out loyal members who properly follow the rules, just so that hotels can save the cost of a scoop of scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee for longtime members who earned Lifetime Status but may no longer be staying 50 nights per year.

And if a hotel offers an excellent rate to fill rooms that would otherwise go empty, Marriott is not going to penalize the Marriott Bonvoy member who books such a rate.

Last edited by Horace; May 10, 2019 at 10:40 am