FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Status Has Me Worried About Complaining & Getting Booted
Old May 10, 2019, 9:52 am
Tedgrrrr

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Lifetime Status Has Me Worried About Complaining & Getting Booted

Now that I'm Lifetime Titanium with points out the wazoo I am worried about giving Marriott a reason to kick me out of the program just so they can save money on lounge access/breakfast, and by taking away my points.

Anyone else feel the same way? This gives me pause about complaining about little things like the ultimate reservation guarantee or making a big deal about "no lounge access" on the odd occasion where my room is being master billed to a client, etc.

The former has happened once in 10 years of traveling, and the latter has happened about 4 times (at the same three hotels) since the programs merged.

Likely it would not make financial sense for Marriott to boot lifetime Titaniums, but most of my nights these days are $100 or less per night (and those which aren't are still very cheap compared to rack rates)- $48/night at DTW (this really was a rate they offered for AAA) ; US$50 at a hotel in Canada; $40-ish at a hotel in Seoul, $80 in Atlanta, $90 in Manhattan for weekends in February/March, $150 in Tokyo, $150 at the Osaka Marriott etc. etc. etc.

I also have about 1.2 million miles.

Has anyone ever kicked out? Anyone else worried about this?