FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old May 10, 2019, 7:37 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Not sure this is true, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday stays the suite upgrade odds are quite good. It is the rest of the week that is problematic.

You don't want one of the smaller rooms at the back overlooking the railway (basic room no upgrade but worst of the basic rooms) like they tried to give me last week.

The only real meaningful upgrades here are to suites most of the other rooms apart from the slightly odd room variant with the desk behind the bed, are pretty much identical apart from the contents of the minibar and bathroom amenities.
I had one of those rooms once (I've got a terrible track record with upgrades at Bankside) and it was awful. I had asked for a quiet room, but was given one of these and had the pleasure of being awakened by the train on a regular basis. As seems common with Hilton proiperties, the app showed plenty of other rooms available for booking, while the front desk said they were completely full and had no rooms to which they could move me...