FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta alliance can't happen soon enough...
Old May 9, 2019, 10:42 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Delta alliance can't happen soon enough...

Platinum tier member with WestJet Rewards, with a Premium class fare, YYZ-LAX-YYZ, and a rather spendy ticket as well.

Flight from Toronto to here was uneventful apart from a one hour delay due to a delayed incoming plane, no biggie, it actually worked in my favour as I was running a bit behind with my schedule. Good attentive crew.

For my return flight LAX-YYZ, I got to the airport very early (I didn't want to take a chance with traffic and airport construction). Checkin agent at the counter in Terminal 2 wasn't aware of any priority security screening for platinum/premium customers, even though the website mentions it, but otherwise premium checkin was very fast and efficient. However when I got to the terminal 3 TSA lineup, they waved me through to the Skyteam priority security line, bypassed a bunch of people waiting in line and saved a lot of time. At least the TSA knows about it!

Being that I got through security so fast, here I am in Terminal 3, 2 hours early. I tried to get into the Delta lounge, but no luck there, even though I was willing to pay for entry. So as one who is top tier status with Westjet, with a paid premium fare ticket, when is Westjet going to *finally* offer their loyal customers who spend $$$$ on tickets to the USA the ability to access Delta lounges in the USA when flying there either on Delta or Westjet? Skyteam membership can't happen soon enough!! I will definitely factor this in on any future travel plans to the USA! Let's quit pretending about this close association with Delta, and get on with it!! Everyone knows!!!

Oh, and while you're at it, lounge access in YUL would be kinda nice, I'm visiting a client there next week! OK, 30 more minutes to kill before boarding my flight home!!