FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Falling ill or injured whilst sojourning at a luxury hotel
Old May 9, 2019, 4:48 pm
1readyset2go

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I had a potentially very serious life threatening illness while at the Racha in the Andaman Sea. It's a long story, but I have in the past, for this same problem, have had to be placed on a ventilator no less when it flares up to keep me alive. At the time we took the trip I had been doing great for several months and thought that was all behind me otherwise we never would have gone. This location placed me a solid 1.5 hours from a hospital in good seas and we don't speak Thai. FlyerEC and the GM were super helpful in relocating me the next day. He put his boat captains (they have a fleet of 12) on a 24/7 notice that I may have to be evacuated at a moments notice that night and made sure his managers were aware of the situation so i had to do was make the call to the front desk. The Racha and its GM could not have handled it better. I ended up moving to Amanpuri the next day to in order to be closer to a hospital.