FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old May 9, 2019, 1:04 pm
stormpelt

How are you guys liquidating so many $200 cards? I've been visiting two staples, one allows 1k of GCS, the other allows 2k. I've been liquidating 2k at my local fred meyer (owned by kroger) (auto-drain, up to 2k without manager override), and the other 1k via bb and serve at WM. However, my local fred meyer just dried up. Cashiers noticed I've been doing 2k a day with $200 on each card, so today I got told that the manager no longer allows that. I even called to talk with the manager, and he said it's just not best practices for the store to do this.
My local WMMC cashiers say they are no longer allowed to do split payments for BB and serve load or money orders because they noticed me doing it too much.
How exactly do you do volume without having all these locations dry up? Heck, I've visited other fred meyers (kroger) that are a bit further away, and one of them noticed right away that I was using a GC and said not allowed, and the other one I was able to do it a couple times, and then the cashier said they are no longer allowed to use VGCS. And, I don't ever even tell them that I use VGCs, I just say they're debit cards, but the cashiers catch on, I think, because of all the $200 swipes.
Any tips on how to do this volume? I tried vising other stores in the area but they all say cash for MOs.