FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Structural change in the BA forum could improve logistics
Old May 9, 2019, 2:03 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Structural change in the BA forum could improve logistics

In the BA forum there are many threads containing deals of various kind. The Mega-thread 'Tier Points Deals' is renewed every year, and the 2018 version had 5284 posts, i.e. some 15 posts every day of the year. Here deals/fares are posted continuously, intercepted with requests for itinerary help, semi- or full OT discussions, leading to a dilution of intended contents

Another thread, the 'Premium Fares Deals' (yes, there is a separate PFD in the BA forum) had 1284 posts last year and is basically attached with the same problems as the TPR thread.

Recently, in both these threads, there has been complaints over OT-discussions, an increasing number of itinerary requests showing little or no previous research by the poster, all leading to that the intended thread contents being clouded. Trying to find a solution to this, and to the problem with no separation of separate deals in separate threads, I started a thread to improve these threads, by separating requests, discussions on expired deals, an more or less OT-discussions to separate threads/subfora.

To complicate the situation further, there are at least three more threads dealing with deals/sales: 'When is the next BA sale', Current fares sales' and 'WT and WTP deals' (For those not used to BA lingo, WT = World Traveller = economy; WTP = World Traveller Plus = Premium economy)

My idea was to collect all deals threads into one major headline, under the BAEC umbrella, together with separate threads/subforum for expired deals discussions, itinerary requests. . Link to the thread found here The structural buid-up is described in post 47, so either scroll down or use this link .

One of the Mods, @Prospero , suggested I posted these suggestions here, as my plans for changes incuded changes that were beyond what the Moderator team could do.

Hoping for your support.