FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa issues for Australia
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 7:56 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Thanks for the link. I will review it. Not sure why it was sent to VACCU. No other criminal history.

Would it be possible to do TWOV ( Transit without a Visa). We could fly back to NZ and just vacation there for the week.

If we book tickets on AIR NZ and brought hand luggage only would that work ? Would they let her board the plane from ORD-SYD with proof of an onward ticket within 8 hours ?
So want to have a seperate SYD-xxx-SYD flight nested in your Air NZ mistake fare ORD-AKL-SYD-AKL-ORD flight. As above, would look better not to fly back to AKL. Air NZ fly to many NZ air ports from SYD.
You would need to convince Air NZ at ORD check-in that this would replace a valid Au visa.
And then would need to convince Air NZ at XXX (New Zealand) check-in that the upcoming SYD-AKL-ORD flight replace a valid Au visa.
Would need to check the flight timing carefuly and be aware SYD closes to the public at night due to the 23:00-05: 00 curfew
At both NZ & Au airports I have seen people refused carriage due to visa/onward flight issues for trans Tasman NZ<--->Au flights.
You would not be able to no show the first leg on the SYD-AKL-ORD flight.
Or get the ticket changed to drop SYD-AKL leg. But on the low cost Air NZ mistake fare that is unlikely.
Link--->[PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz

Anyway you have a few months. Worth waiting to see what happens with the Au visa application

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
..<snip>
Yes, you can transit (international-to-international) in SYD airside without a visa. You can access international departures after arrival without any customs/immigration checks, just re-clearing security with your BP. So in that respect, it is very straightforward.
<snip>
Passports holders of a very few countries requires an Au transit visa, even if transiting air side. A few months ago was a post on that for some one trying to get to NZ that had that problem. Fixed by flying direct into NZ
TIMATIC link (one on many available)-->https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC