FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre problems with the passport control at Singapore
Old May 8, 2019, 5:31 pm
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Stupider thing about SIN immigration; getting stamped (and fingerprinted, whatev) on arrival, but (as of late) not on departure. They make you scan your fingerprint and go through an e-channel instead. I hate to say it but, here's an extremely rare +1 for US departure formalities...from a USC standpoint.

Though, the current Singapore way still isn't as bad as those pointless chits Hong Kong and the RoK give now.
I still prefer the SIN departure immigration to the US. The problem for SIN, is they set the bar when it comes to a lot of airport features (in my view) and so when things don't quite work as efficiently as we would want, it makes us mad LOL

I flew from JFK last year and if I hadn't got a business ticket, I would have been stuck using the massive massive queue. I still had to queue for a bit, but because I had set my expectations so low, I was happy to only be waiting 20 minutes.

I recently flew out of Changi and had to queue behind two people at the (dreaded) e-gates and must have waited 2-3 minutes for them, and I was frustrated LOL