FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which insurance to invoke
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 2:59 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lhuebner01
I think I need to cancel a trip for medical reasons (seeing doctor tomorrow). I have three tickets, bought on points, on Air France from Houston to Paris in May 20, returning May 28. Also paid substantial taxes and fees with credit card. Also have three tickets on United for positioning flight from MSP to HOU, paid with credit card. I used the Chase Sapphire for all the purchases. I also have Allianz travel insurance - an annual policy that covers all three travelers. With a letter from a doctor, what are the steps to cancelling the flights and getting some reimbursement? Do I start by asking Air France and United to refund me? (I think that is unlikely, right?) Who is the next in line - Chase trip insurance or Allianz? Any way to get my points back from Air France, since I doubt either Chase or Allianz can help in that arena. Thanks in advance; in over 20 trips taken in the past three years, I have never had to cancel.
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
......Then read your policies to see which will cover those fees best and go from there. Does your annual plan have a cap on benefits? If so it may be better to go with the CSP coverage.
And check if the credit card insurance and/or policy's cover the other 2 when 1 is cancelling for medical reasons.

Have you checked what is costs (in ff miles/cash) to cancel an award flights? That info will be in the ffp rules/web site