FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A way to improve Tier Point Runs and Premium Fare Deals threads
Old May 8, 2019, 2:32 pm
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
From some of the posters above there has been some scepticisms about the introduction of new Subfora.

Searching for other FT fora, that needed to separate discussions from deals, like the QR forum mentioned above by @msm2000uk and others, but a more elaborated example, is the group of subfora under the main headline 'Miles and Points' . Of course there is no need to copy the name, just the function.

See how it is built [URL=https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles-points-1/] here [URL/]

In the same way, a forum that could be named many things, could be introduced under the BAFT headline. Maybe, but not necessarily, named somethings like 'TP-runs* , Premium Fares and Expired Deals and discussions. If there is a demand, there could be another Good Economy Deals subforum, as information on these are spread out at least to three different threads presently, as @KARFA informed us of above.

One of the main reasons for advocating a change, , just like many others have expressed in both the TP-run and Premium Fares threads are the less relevant comments/discussions, not related to any fare, cluttering the useful information. And of course, a separation of all 'I need XXX TP in two months' and 'I'll need to be in YYY on (date/month), and want to return from ZZZ on (date/month). Want to fly F, or at least J. Budget is tight. What do you suggest?' types of Q&A to a separate subforum.

In my original plan I thought a merger between TPR and PFD thread could be beneficial, as there are TP optimisations in the PFD thread, and some PFD fares also double as TP-"run" or, at least something similar. I have understood that this is more delicate than I first tough, so let's lay that discussion aside. The other issues for change I've suggested are far more important, so let's focus on them.

Just to give an impression of how things could be :

British Airways - Executive Club
- Stickies
- - (stickies threads)

- Normal threads
- -
TP-runs , Premium Fares and Expired Deals and discussions
- - - TP-run deals

- - - - TP run deals threads. One thread for each fare/destination(s)
- - - Premium Fares deals
- - - - Premium fares deals threads. One thread for each fare/destination(s)
- - - Expired deals, discussions and itinerary requests (maybe the latter should have it's own subforum?)

Organized like this, rather similar to the Mileage Run Deals//Premium Fare deals/Mileage run discussion, but adjusted to the need for the BAFT, one will immediately recognise a deal of interest, not having to scroll, scroll and scroll through numerous posts of lesser interest.

What are your thoughts on this?